These Naan are made on the tava without any hassle . Try these soft naans with any creamy,rich curry and thank me later!
If you want you can skip out the garlic and just make plain naan and brush with butter or top it with sesame seeds or even stuff them if you wish. The dough can be used to make stuffed kulcha as well. It’s a easy recipe but gives you amazing results.
- Maida/APF 2 cups
- Instant Yeast 1/2 tbsp
- Sugar 1 tbsp
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Salt as per taste
- Warm water for kneading the dough
- Butter or Ghee for brushing
- Garlic half chopped and half crushed
- Coriander chopped
1. Take maida in a bowl. Make a well and add sugar and yeast. Mix in the dough. Now add salt and using warm water knead a soft dough.
2. Cover and let it rest till it doubles in volume. Til then combine together crushed and chopped garlic and coriander.
3. Punch the dough gently and make small balls out of the dough and keep them covered with a damp cloth.
4. Take a dough ball and roll it in a oval shape like a naan. Sprinkle the garlic mixture all over the nana and press gently with a rolling pin.
5. Turn over the naan and sprinkle little water all over it. Put on the Tavares with the wet side down.Let it cook. Flip and cook on the other side as well.
6. Brush with ghee or butter and serve hot with any curry.