Bored of the regular garlic bread??
Then, just try these..
These little buttery fluffy pillows of heaven called Cheddar Bay Biscuits are just awesome. They are flakey, coated in garlic butter and oh so soft. Just season them with some oregano and thyme and serve warm.
They can be served as a party snack or in the evening for the choti bhook.
I would say these are a better version of the garlic bread.. Far better!
Ingredients For Biscuits:
- Maida/APF 2 cups
- Baking Powder 1 tbsp
- Salt 1/4th tsp
- Sugar 1tbsp
- Garlic Powder 2 tsp
- Red Chili powder 1/2 tsp
- Butter 1/2 cup
- Cheddar Cheese 1-1/2 cups (180g approx)
- Buttermilk 1 cup
Ingredients for Butter Coat:
- Butter 3 to 4 tbsp
- Garlic Powder 1 tsp
- Dried Parsley 1/2 tsp
- Dried Thyme 1/2 tsp
1. Melt 3 to 4 tbsp of butter or gas top or microwave. Add in the garlic powder, thyme and parsley and keep aside.
2. Freeze the half cup butter till rock hard.
3. Take flour In a bowl and stir in baking powder, salt, sugar, red chili powder and garlic powder. Grate the cold butter into the flour mixture and gently fold without melting the butter too much.
3. Add in the grated cheese and buttermilk and just combine till all is wet. This will be a soft batter not a dough. You don’t want to mix too much.
4. Scoop out equal sized batter on a greased baking tray. I used a 1/8th measuring cup to scoop out the batter on the tray.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 220°C for 15 mins or till golden on top.
6. Remove from the tray and brush the garlic butter on every biscuit.
NOTE : They stay good for two days in an airtight container but are best eaten warm and fresh.