This is a very simple recipe which can be used as a base to make :
- Almond pistachio
- Elaichi flavoured
- Rose flavoured tutti fruti
The list is endless, just try these and enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour / atta
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 180 deg C.
2. Cream together butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
3. Add the extract and mix.
4. Now add flour in three additions and add the milk little by little and mix well till you are able to form a soft dough. Don’t knead much.
5. Pinch a small ball of dough and lightly flatten it using your palms.
6. Repeat with the remaining portion of dough.
7. Place the cookies, an inch apart, on an ungreased cookie sheet.
8. Bake at 180 deg C for around 15 to 20 minutes or until the cookies are light golden brown in color.
9. Cool the cookies on a wire rack completely.
Enjoy them with milk,tea or coffee.