This is a super easy sponge cake but tastes so fresh and delicious. Rose and thandai are an awesome combo. Try this one out this Holi and I’m sure everyone will love it.
I added colors to give that holi effect. You could bake it without that or fold in nuts of your choice in the batter.
Do give me feedback on how it turned out for you.
- Yogurt 4 tablespoons
- Oil 4 tablespoons
- Sugar 6 tablespoons
- Milk 7 tablespoons
- Thandai Powder 2 tbsp
- All purpose flour 1 cup
- Corn flour 1 tablespoons
- Cardamom powder 1 teaspoon
- Baking Soda 1/4 teaspoon
- Baking powder 1 teaspoon
- Rose water 1 tsp or a few drops of rose extract
- Pinch of salt.
1. Prepare a 6 inch pan and preheat the oven at 180°C
2. In a bowl mix all the wet ingredients and whisk till sugar dissolves.
3. Seive in the dry ingredients and whisk till its all combined. Don’t beat much.
4. Divide the batter into four equal portions and add colors of your choice. I added red, yellow, pink and green.
5. Pour the batter into the tin, one color at a time. Pour in the middle and the batter will flow it by itself. Don’t try to spread it.
6. Tap the tin on the counter twice to release air bubbles and bake in the preheated oven at 180 degree celsius for around 30 mins. Do check after 25 minutes and bake till a skewer inserted comes out clean.
Cool completely before slicing.